The Saint Kateri Finance Council is a consultative body of parishioners who advise our Pastor on parish financial matters. The Finance Council is mandated by canon law and plays a vital role in assisting the Pastor by reviewing and monitoring the annual budget and other financial matters. Members must be active and participating parishioners with knowledge in the areas of accounting, business, administration, law and fiscal management. New Council members serve a term of up to five years, renewable once.
The Financial Council accomplishes much of its work through these subcommittees, which submit recommendations to the Finance Council:
- Audit – Reviews and recommends improvements in internal control procedures to assure compliance with Diocesan Policies and Procedures. Assures that findings of Diocesan external auditors are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Budget Review – Assists in the preparation, review and presentation of our annual Parish budget.
- Education Funds – Oversee solicitation and use of Parish funds designated for education and provide recommendations to Pastor and Parish Finance and Pastoral Councils.
- Facilities – Reviews facility maintenance and capital needs.
- Fundraising – Develops an annual fundraising plan. Coordinates and controls fundraising efforts throughout the year.
- Investments – Adopt and assure adherence to an investment policy statement approved by the Finance Council and Pastor.
- Real Estate – Assists Finance Council and Pastor in selling unneeded Parish real estate.
- Technology Advisory Group – Reviews telephone, sound and EDP technology status.
Lori Klafehn / (585) 261-4795 if you are interested in this council.
All meetings are at 7:00 PM and are held in the sacristy of St. Margaret Mary Church.
If the month name is highlighted or underlined, click on it to review Finance Council Meeting Minutes from that month.
Finance Council Meetings for 2016-2017
Finance Council Meetings for 2015-2016