The Pastoral Council seeks to truly and fully reflect the lives of our parishioners and the composition of our parish. We are looking for members with diverse background, experience, skills, and perspective, as well as members who would consider undertaking a leadership role on the Council.
The Pastoral Council serves as a consultative body that provides input to the pastor on the spiritual needs and temporal affairs of the parish, actively advocates the parish mission and vision, and helps to promote communication and collaboration across parish organizations and between the parish and other entities.
Council members must be Catholic and must be registered parishioners at St. Kateri Tekakwitha. Members will serve a three year term which can be renewed once. The Council meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month and is involved in the strategic planning of the parish, engaging with parishioners, and ensuring that the long-term needs of the parish are identified and addressed.
Please consider becoming a member of this important council or nominating someone you feel would bring the talent, skills, and perspective needed to help guide our parish. This is a wonderful way to foster the work of God in the lives of parishioners across the St. Kateri community.
The Saint Kateri Finance Council is a consultative body of parishioners who advise our Pastor on parish financial matters. The Finance Council is mandated by Canon Law and plays a vital role in assisting the Pastor by reviewing and monitoring the annual budget and other financial matters. Members must be active and participating parishioners with knowledge in the areas of accounting, business, administration, law and fiscal management. New Council members serve a term of up to five years.
The Financial Council accomplishes much of its work through these subcommittees, which submit recommendations to the Finance Council:
- Audit – Reviews and recommends improvements in internal control procedures to assure compliance with Diocesan Policies and Procedures. Assures that findings of Diocesan external auditors are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Budget Review – Assists in the preparation, review and presentation of our annual Parish budget.
- Education Funds – Oversee solicitation and use of Parish funds designated for education and provide recommendations to Pastor and Parish Finance and Pastoral Councils.
- Building and Grounds – Reviews facility maintenance and capital needs.
- Fundraising – Develops an annual fundraising plan. Coordinates and controls fundraising efforts throughout the year.
- Investments – Adopt and assure adherence to an investment policy statement approved by the Finance Council and Pastor.
- Real Estate – Assists Finance Council and Pastor in selling unneeded Parish real estate.
- Technology Advisory Group – Reviews telephone, sound and EDP technology status.
Lori Klafehn / (585) 261-4795 if you are interested in this council.
All meetings are at 7:00 PM and are held in the sacristy of St. Margaret Mary Church.
- 2019-2020 Council Members
- Meets - last Tuesday of Month