Saint Kateri CYO Basketball 2022-2023
CYO Basketball provides youth from grades 3 through 12 in the Diocese of Rochester, NY with a place to engage in physical activity and promote teamwork, sportsmanship and Christian values. Saint Kateri CYO tries to show that there is a place for Jesus in sports.
Contact [email protected] about CYO at Saint Kateri Parish.
Registration will begin on October 1 for the 2022-23 season and is available via this link
- Registration is open to boys and girls in grades 3-12, starting on October 1 until teams are full (max 12 players per team).
- Preference for Saint Kateri Parish teams is given to Saint Kateri Parish parishioners and Saint Kateri Parish School students who register between October 1-15.
- After October 15, all players who have registered here will be contacted with their status – whether there are enough players for a team and if coaches have signed up.
- The number of teams at each level is dependent on availability of coaches and number of interested players – there is no guarantee that we will have teams for all interested players, but we will do our best to connect you with an appropriate team at another parish if necessary.
- Payment is not due until we can confirm that there will be a team for your player.
Fees are as follows:
- Grades 3-4: $200
- Grades 5-6: $200
- Grades 7-8: $220
- Grades 9-12: $220
- FAMILY MAX – $500
More information will be provided in mid-October regarding payment of fees and uniforms.
If you are interested in coaching, please contact [email protected]
When are practices?
Practices generally begin the first week of November. Each team is scheduled to practice once a week for about an hour. Some teams choose to share practices once in a while to get in an extra practice or if the gym is not available during the usual time that week.
We thank you in advance for your understanding that this is a busy place, and the gym gets used for many activities, which may change the practice schedule.
We ask that all parents, regardless of the age of your player, come to the gym door when dropping off and picking up – we need to make sure everyone is safe and goes home with the right person.
When are games?
Games begin the first weekend in December. The regular season goes through mid-February. Tournaments may be at any time but are often held over the holidays. Participation in tournaments in up to each individual team. Tournament fees are not included in the registration fee, so your coach will collect an additional amount required to participate in a tournament.